Thursday, May 3, 2012

Purposely Slow Thursday Morning

Hi there!! It's Thursday, and another overcast day in a week long series.  The weather out here in Pennsylvania is still dragging it's feet.  It won't commit to spring and it won't give up the April showers. I'm not complaining.  It's kind of nice.  A few extra days of comfy sweaters and hot coconut chai to warm me up!  


Today we have been working and playing.  Ace is watching Dragon Tales on my iPad and I have been doing a little sewing.  I repaired the favorite red blanket that hangs out down stairs, alternating between the basket and the couch, so that I could throw it in the wash.  I've also been embroidering a tote bag for Ace.  I was holding my breath when I started because I was using my last needle.  Wouldn't you know that we got through 3 colors and broke that needle!  UGH!!  I hate that! My machine makes an AWFUL sound!  


So we got ready to make a run for the PX and grab another package of needles, and then I got the bright idea to walk up there!!  Ace said that would be ok with him and as we walked out the front door, he asked me, "why are we walking there?"  I said, "why not?!"  


It was lovely!  We took the time to look around and listen to the birds.  We met a lady and her dog and talked about the groundhog that is out in the mornings.  We talked about the ducklings that were out and about.  We watched the stream and walked on a path.  Ace remarked how long we had been gone and how far we had  walked.  


It was only about 15 or 20 minutes when we got there, but I picked him up and put him in the cart so he could rest his legs while I found the needles.  Guess what else?! They were on clearance!  $1 and some change each!  I grabbed 3 packages and a fluffy little blue wind up chick that was in the Easter clearance for Ace...59 cents!  I didn't even have to break out the debit card! BONUS!


We headed back home with his new little chick in one of his little hands and mine in his other.  How I love this time with him!  Such a regular old every day activity...going for a walk...held so much wonder and magic and joy for the two of us!  


Seems like I am forever on my cell phone, checking email, texting someone, working on the computer, sewing or creating...I need to remember to take time to get outside a little every day.  Just to stop for a little while and go for a walk.  It doesn't have to be long or fast.  It just has to be. Because I got to see Ace enjoy the trees and the animals.  Because he is so smart and has great things to talk about. Because it is good for me.  Because it is wonderful and puts me in a good mood...Even when the skies aren't so blue.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment