Monday, April 23, 2012

Orange You Glad I Didn't Say, "BANANA?!?!"

Bananas are a favorite snack around here, but when the new ones come in and the old ones that didn't make it to our bellies look like this




Ewww!!  No one will eat them and banana bread or muffins are always great.  But, I have been keeping these peeled in a bag in the freezer for this day!!  A day I have planned for months but one of those "one day I will make this" kind of a day finally rolled around. 


I gathered my supplies.




I froze the yogurt in ice trays last night....
and thawed it in the sink in a little hot water for a few seconds to make the cubes easier to remove.


And put the fruit in a bowl


Then I put a little of each in a freezer bag.


And in less than 15 minutes, I had 14 frozen packets for fruit smoothies!


The girls can grab a packet and throw a little juice or milk with a scoop of protein if they wish, into the blender and have a healthy and yummy breakfast or snack!!  Wonderful!!  And I feel like I accomplished something great today!!

What do you make with yucky bananas?






1 comment: