Saturday, March 24, 2012

Small Beginnings

Hi!  So this is my first post ever!  I am honored and humbled that you have taken the time to stop by our blog and read it!


I feel like I felt when I finally gave birth after carrying each of these precious children for 9 months.  You get everything in order, plan, prepare, and then finally you deliver and life as you knew it changes.  And, yes, all for the better! I have been "carrying" Gypsy Heartstrings Studio for several months now, getting everything in order, planning, preparing...and now I get to share it with you!


Would you like to see the "nursery"?  It is my studio.  Where I do some of my work, most of my journaling, and draw a lot of  inspiration. You see, I have a very dear friend who reminds me that things don't have to be perfect and big and fabulous in the beginning.  She shared Zechariah 4:10 with me.  It says "Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin...”  I took that to heart as I prepared my creative space. Guess where it is?  My laundry room!  And I love it~


This is the way I usually sit in here.  With the lamp on and the sunshine only. It's not that dark and I like the coziness, but I will turn the light on for you.
Is that better?  My kids pull stools or chairs in here sometimes and hang out with me.  We usually listen to the Beatles or Adele or Sam Cooke or whatever we feel like.  It's Amy Winehouse right now.
I made this sign for me and to take to shows.  I love it!  It is from the back side of a drawer and is so me.  Do you like it?

I have it propped up on my purple chandelier sconce.




Journals.


Inspiration.


Supply box of paints and such.  

Thanks for visiting!  I love having you here!


3 comments:

  1. I so ADORE you and the dang it laundry room turned into something MOST fabulous!!! I have huge tears of pride and all kinds of bestie love streaming down my cheeks. Cheers to "small beginnings!!" Can't wait to see where we are 5 years from now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Stef! YOU are inspirational.....thank you! Will come by often to read....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys so much!! This is truly a labor of love!! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete